Brinjal - 5
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 cup
Tomato - 1/2 cup
Red chilli - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Samba powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the dal.
- Cut brinjals into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds,red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add onions and sprinkle little salt.
- Saute well and add tomato.
- After tomatos are well cooked add brinjal.
- Add the cooked dal and add turmeric powder,sambar powder and salt.
- Close the lid for 10 or 15 minutes..our brinjal kootu is ready to serve.