Thursday, March 31, 2011
Italian flat wrap - 1
Onion - 1 cup
Mushroom - 3
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Green chili - 1
Red chili flakes
Egg - 1
Beat egg,pepper and salt well and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan,add onion and saute it well.
Add mushroom and remaining ingredients.
Saute well and close the lid.
Allow to cook and make the masala dry.
Heat a pan and roast the flat wrap on one side.
Turn other side and pour the egg mixture.
Close the lid for 5 minutes and add the masala on top of the egg.
Turn to other side to cook the egg.
Place it in a plate and wrap it to half.
If you want cut them into half and serve with any sauce of your choice.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
All purpose flour(Maida) - 1 cup
Surti Lilva - 1/2 cup
Green chili - 2
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil for frying
- Mix the flour and salt,add water to make it a soft dough.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Blend lilva,green chili,coriander leaves and curry leaves together.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds & cumin seeds.
- Add the ground mixer and saute well tell it becomes dry and tender.
- It will take around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Make 6 balls out of the dough and the liva.Take one ball and make small roti from that.
- Place lilva ball in the center of the roti and close the edges as we do in the modak.Then roll it in your palm to make a smooth ball.
- Put these balls into the oil.Deep fry them till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Peanuts - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Dry roast the peanuts well for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and place it in a cloth.
- Press well with your palm to remove skin and break them.
- Grease a plate with oil or ghee.
- Heat two pans,take the sugar in one pan and the jaggery in another pan.
- Pour 1 tbsp of water in the jaggery.
- Do not add water in the sugar. It will melt slowly and will become caramel.
- To check the right consistency pour a drop of jaggery and caramel in the water.
- If you can make a ball out of it,then that will be the right consistency.
- Then pour caramel into the jaaggery and mix well.
- Now add peanuts and mix it carefully.
- Pour the mixer into the plate.
- By a knife cut them correctly.