Urad dal 1 cup
Onion 1/4 cup
Curry leaves 5 to 6 leaves
Coriander leaves A small bunch
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Green chilli 1 or 2
Salt as required
Oil as required
- Wash and soak urad dal for 2 hours.
- Grind urad dal in the grinder if you can,otherwise blend in a blender by adding little by little water.
- Do not add too much water. If you add too much water, the vadai will be too oily.If your batter is so thick,it will become hard.To avoid this,check the batter before making the vadai.
- Take some water in a bowl,put a small amount of batter into the water. If the batter floats,the consistency is good.
- Heat some oil in a pan.Mix all the ingredients in the batter.
- Take water in a bowl, dip your hand in the water and take some lemon size batter. Make it into a ball. Press in the middle of the ball and put it into the oil.Fry them until it turns into golden brown. Have it with coconut chutny and enjoy :)