Tomato - 1kg
Tamarind - lemon size
Garlic - 7 nos
Green chili - 4
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Dry fry the ingredients under 'to grind' and make a powder out of it.
- Boil the tomatoes and remove the skins.
- Blend well using a blender.
- Heat oil in pan,add mustard seeds,green chili,garlic.chili powder and tomato paste.
- Make a paste from tamarind and add it to the above mixture.
- Stir well until tomato turns tender.
- Finally add the ground powder and salt.
- This will goes well with Idly,Dosa and Rotti.
- And also you can make instant Tomato rice.