Friday, September 10, 2010
Rice flour - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
cardamom - 2
Mix rice flour with water by adding little by little.
Leave some amount of dough as it is.
Make small balls(any shapes) out of the dough.
Steam them using idly cooker.
Mix the remaining dough ,sugar,cardamom and milk well.
Boil them with the cooked kozhukatai for 10 minutes or until it becomes thick.
Eggs - 4
Gram flour - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Boil the eggs,remove the shell and cut them into half.
Mix gram flour,chili powder and salt.
The batter should be thick.
Heat oil,dip the egg in the batter and deep fry them.
Left over dosa batter
Rice flour as req.
Green chili - 2
Pepper - 5 or 6
- If dosa batter is so thin add rice flour to make it required consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients in the batter.
- Heat oil,take some batter by hand and put it in the oil.
- Deep fry them and eat with coconut chutney.
Toor dal - 1/4 cup
Channa dal - 1/4 cup
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Moong dal - 2 tsp
Rice - 1 cup
Red chili - 3
- Soak rice and all dals separately for 2 hours.
- At first blend rice,then add dals,red chili and salt.
- Blend them coarsely and transfer it to a bowl.
- Now add curry leaves,coriander leaves,coconut,onion and cumin seeds.
- The batter should be thick.
- By using dosa tawa make beautiful dosas.
- Coconut chutney goes well with this dosas.
Spinach - 1/4 kg
Onion - 1/4 cup
Shredded coconut - 2 tsp
Red chili - 1
- Wash spinach well and cut them properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,curry leaves,red chili and onion.
- Saute them well and add spinach.
- Close the lid and allow to cook.
- Stir now and them the spinach.
- cook them until all water evaporates.
- Finally spread shredded coconut.