Thursday, November 18, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
A pinch of Cardamom powder
- Soak saffron in warm milk for few minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry raisins,cashews and almonds.Keep it aside.
- Add 2 cups of milk and saffron milk in the same pan and add the rice.
- Let it boil and stir in between.
- When it become thick add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Tomato - 1kg
Tamarind - lemon size
Garlic - 7 nos
Green chili - 4
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Dry fry the ingredients under 'to grind' and make a powder out of it.
- Boil the tomatoes and remove the skins.
- Blend well using a blender.
- Heat oil in pan,add mustard seeds,green chili,garlic.chili powder and tomato paste.
- Make a paste from tamarind and add it to the above mixture.
- Stir well until tomato turns tender.
- Finally add the ground powder and salt.
- This will goes well with Idly,Dosa and Rotti.
- And also you can make instant Tomato rice.
Shredded Coconut - 1/2 cup
Jageri - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Heat a pan and add jageri with little water.
- Once jageri is fully melted,strain them using a strainer to remove dust.
- Heat another pan and add coconut and cardamom powder.Fry them for few minutes.
- Then add the jageri and stir them for 2 minutes (or until mixture become semisolid)
- Pour them into a plate and cool down.
- Cut them into square or make a ball out of it.
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Channa dal - 2 tsp
Red chili - 10 nos.
Curry leaves - 1 string
- Dry fry the urad dal and channa dal separately.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the red chilli and curry leaves.
- At first blend the red chili and curry leaves.
- Then add urad dal,channa dal and salt.
- Blend them to a corse powder( if u like,grind to fine powder)
- Store it in a air tight container.
Bread - 2
Pizza sauce - 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven for 450.
- Apply pizza sauce on the bread,spread some cheese add the topping whatever u like.
- I added onion,tomato and capsicum.
- Keep it in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Goat bones - 1/2 lb
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 string
Red chili - 3
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Small onions - 10
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
(sambar)Masala powder - 1 tsp
- Wash the bones and marinate it with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and then add mustard seeds,curry leaves,red chili,pepper and cumin seeds.
- Then add onions and saute them well.
- Add bones and masala powder and saute them well.
- Pour 3 glasses of water and close the pressure cooker.
- Keep it for 6 or 7 whistles and then serve hot.