All purpose flour(Maida) - 1 cup
Surti Lilva - 1/2 cup
Green chili - 2
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil for frying
- Mix the flour and salt,add water to make it a soft dough.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Blend lilva,green chili,coriander leaves and curry leaves together.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds & cumin seeds.
- Add the ground mixer and saute well tell it becomes dry and tender.
- It will take around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Make 6 balls out of the dough and the liva.Take one ball and make small roti from that.
- Place lilva ball in the center of the roti and close the edges as we do in the modak.Then roll it in your palm to make a smooth ball.
- Put these balls into the oil.Deep fry them till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.