Monday, August 10, 2009
1 kg Fish, cut into smaller pieces
Tamarind, size of a table tennis ball
1 tsp Fennel
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Vegetable oil
1 Large onion
1 Big tomato
1/2 Cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
3 tsp Masala powder
Salt to taste
Few curry leaves
• Apply turmeric powder and salt on fish, keep aside.
• Wash it properly after 5 minutes.
• Soak the tamarind in water and remove thick pulp.
• Pour vegetable oil in a pan and season it using methi seeds and mustard seeds..
• Now add the curry leaves and chopped onions.
• Cook it until the onion turns brown.Add tomato and saute well.
• Add the tamarind pulp mixture and boil it, cover the pan tightly.
• Add the fish after 10 minutes of boiling. Cook it properly.
• Remove from the fire when done and garnish it with coriander leaves.
• Meen kulambu is ready to serve.