Tamarind - lemon size
Tomato - 1
Onion - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
chili powder - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
- Take oil in a pan and spread mustard seeds ,fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Saute well for few minutes.
- Pour tamarind pulp and add sambar powder,chili powder and salt.
Ingredients for paruppu urundai:
Channa dal - 1 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup
Red chilies - 2
- Blend the dal,chlli,salt in a blender in which dal is already soaked for 2 hrs.
- Washed water from the jar should be added to the kuzhambu.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves to the above mixture.
- Then shape them into a round ball.
- Put this round ball into the kuzhambu.
- Boil them for 15 minutes.
- Now the kuzhambu is ready....