Chicken - 1/2 kg
Onion - 1 cup
Tomato - 2 cups
Chili powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
crushed pepper - 2 tsp
Clove - 2
cinnamon - 2
Black cardamom - 1
- Marinate chicken with chili powder,turmeric powder and salt for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan,add clove,cinnamon,black cardamom,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute well till they turn to brown color.
- Add tomato and immediately add all powders.
- Close the lid and let it till oil oozes out from tomato.
- Now add marinated chicken and do not add water.
- Saute chicken gravy now and then.
- Let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Finally add crushed pepper.
- It goes well with rice,briyani,pulao and parotta...