Chicken - 1/4 kg
Onion - 1 cup
Tomato - 1cup
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
Sambar masala - 2 tsp
Clove - 2
Cinnamon - 1
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Cashew nuts - 4
Salt to taste
- Wash chicken and cut them into small pieces.
- Soak poppy seeds for about 15 minutes and blend it with coconut and cashew nuts.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cloves,cinnamon,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute well until it turns translucent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste,saute until raw smell goes.
- Then add tomato and saute until it cooks well.
- Add masala powder and salt and close the lid.
- Keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Now it looks like a gravy.(check salt and masala)
- Add chicken and coconut paste.
- Close the lid and allow to boil until oil oozes out from the chicken and gravy.
- Now you can serve it for rice,dosai,roti or poori.