Tomato -3 cups
Oninion - 1 cup
Onion - 1 cup
Cinnamon - 1
Clove - 2
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Soak poppy seeds for about 15 minutes.
- Grind coconut,fennel seeds and poppy seeds together.
- Heat oil in a pan add cloves,cinnamon,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onion with pinch of garam masala and saute well.
- Then add tomato and allow to cook.
- After tomatoes are well cooked,gently mash the to make gravy.
- Now add coconut paste,garam masala,sambar powder and salt.
- Give a boil and tomato curma is ready to serve with chapathi.